We take your privacy seriously
We want you to rest assured that our data collection is in line with data protection law. The website Intersys.co.uk is owned and operated by Intersys Limited, with our trading address at 1 Bourne Court, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 8HD, a company incorporated and registered in England & Wales with company number 03295525, with its registered office at Haslers, Old Station Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 4PL (“Intersys” or “we”). This notice describes how Intersys could use your personal information and what rights you have over the data that we store about you.
Intersys will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR.
What is personal data?
Any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data.
Personal data that has been de-identified, encrypted or pseudonymised but can be used to re-identify a person remains personal data and falls within the scope of the law.
What data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Your name, business/organisation name
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Phone calls
- Residential/billing/work address
- Job titles
- IP addresses
- Website URL
- Web browser and operating system details
- Which website referred you to our website, your activity on our website and the website you visit after leaving us.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data and what is the lawful basis for processing this data?
Intersys will always ensure that all data we process about you is done in a way that is aligned with UK data protection law. Below are listed some of the main reasons why we may need to process your personal data.
We may need to collect, use and store personal data for the following reasons:
- Carrying out our business/contractual agreements with our customer (this might be you, a company you work for, or another company which deals with your information) based on our legitimate interests in providing our services to our customers.
- Fulfilling legal/regulatory obligations, for example if we need to provide information about our transactions to HMRC.
- When you have given us clear consent to process your personal details for something specific (e.g. sending you information about our products, offers and services). You can choose to stop receiving this information at any time.
- Personalising and improving your experience with the website (aggregate information and statistics about website usage).
We will always ensure that when we do collect information it is done appropriately and in accordance with privacy laws.
Do we share data with anyone else?
We won’t share your information with anyone that we don’t need to share it with. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
In addition to our staff (which may include self-employed consultants), we may need to share your data with our third party suppliers in order to fulfil our contractual obligations with you. These third party suppliers are contractually obliged by us to ensure that they keep your data secure and only store it for as long as is needed. They will then remove the data as per Intersys’ policies.
We may need to share personal data with our professional advisers, and any organisation that might want to buy our company or its business (we’ll make sure they respect your information and rights).
How do we collect your data?
We gather your data in a variety of ways such as when:
- You give it to us – you may submit your personal details to us when you approach us for our services (by filling in forms, emailing us, telephoning us etc.)
- The company you work for gives it to us or allows us to access it, to allow us to provide our services to them.
- Through third parties – We may also gather your information via third party sources such as website analytics tools, payment services, online search engines, marketing databases and publicly available sources such as the Electoral register or Companies House.
How do we store your data?
We will only store your data for as long as is needed to fulfil our business/contractual obligations. Your data is stored securely in a geographically suitable data centre, typically the UK or EU.
What rights do you have regarding the use of your personal data?
You have the following rights according to the GDPR:
- The right to be informed (which is why you can see this privacy notice)
- The right of access (obtaining a copy of your personal data)
- The right to rectification (correcting your personal data if it’s inaccurate or incomplete)
- The right to restrict processing (limiting our use of your personal data)
- The right to data portability (requiring us to move your personal data to another organisation)
- The right to object (objecting to our use of your personal data where this is based on our or a third party’s legitimate interests based on your circumstances, or for direct marketing purposes)
- The right to erasure (asking us to delete or remove any personal data held about you, where there’s no good reason for us to keep holding it or you’ve exercised your right to object)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (knowing if and how we use any technology to make decisions about you).
There are some exemptions to these rights, so they may not apply in every scenario. For further information on these rights, please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
If you wish to make a request in relation to any of these rights, please contact us by clicking here to use our website contact form, or calling us on +44 (0)20 3005 4440.
What controls do you have over your data stored with us?
Intersys will always offer you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us. If you have previously registered with Intersys and would like to cancel this, please click here to use our website contact form. Please quote your full name and email address. If you have registered to receive email newsletters from us, you can remove your email address from our list at any time by using the unsubscribe links in the emails we send you.
How can I access the data that Intersys holds about me?
Under the GDPR, you have a right to access the personal data that we hold about you. We would prefer you to make any requests via the contact form linked to below. We are also obliged to give you the details free of charge in most cases and get back to you in no later than a month’s time.
What if I want to complain about the use of my personal data?
As an ISO 27001 IT security company, we take the issue of data security extremely seriously and are always happy to discuss any concerns you may have regarding our use of your personal data. We follow strict data security guidelines and aim to be open and honest about how we deal with your data.
If you do still have any persisting concerns, you are entitled to either complain to us (which we would prefer you to do in the first instance) and/or directly make an official complaint to the UK supervisory authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Changes to our privacy notice
Our privacy notice is subject to change. We will update any changes on the website. It is recommended that you regularly check this page to stay informed.
What are cookies?
Some cookies are needed for our website to work, so these will be used automatically. Any cookies which we find useful for a different reason will not be used unless you agree to them through our cookie banner.
To find out more about cookies, how to refuse them and how to change your device’s cookie settings, you should visit the ICO Cookie Guidance.
The cookies we set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
|_GRECAPTCHA||Necessary||5 months & 27 days||www.google.com||Installed by Google. reCAPTCHA installs this when executed, for the purposes of providing its risk analysis.|
|ssupp.vid||Functional||6 months||.intersys.co.uk||Installed by SmartSupp. Used for the live chat box functionality on the website, to record visitor ID.|
|ssupp.visits||Functional||6 months||.intersys.co.uk||Installed by SmartSupp. Used for the live chat box functionality on the website, to identify the last page visited by the visitor.|
|_ga||Analytics||2 years||.intersys.co.uk||Installed by Google Analytics. Calculates visitor, session and campaign data, and keeps track of site usage. Stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.|
|_gid||Analytics||1 day||.intersys.co.uk||Installed by Google Analytics. Stores information about how visitors use the website and creates an analytics report of the website’s performance. Data is collected anonymously and includes: number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_24414325_1||Analytics||1 minute||.intersys.co.uk||Installed by Google. Used to distinguish website visitors from each other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox||Analytics||11 months||.cookieyes.com||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox||Functional||11 months||.cookieyes.com||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox||Necessary||11 months||.cookieyes.com||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox||Others||11 months||.cookieyes.com||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox||Performance||11 months||.cookieyes.com||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.|