Social Distancing and Remote Learning Strategies for Schools
Covid-19 has been a game-changer for schools and colleges. Educational institutions have grappled with the dilemma of social distancing in schools and guarding against increased risks associated with social contact.
Some of the issues raised in a ‘Reopening Schools Safely’ webinar in early summer 2020 included:
- keeping young people safely separated
- maintaining distance between teachers and pupils
- sharing resources in a safe way.
By late August 2020, the government said that should schools be required to close again as a result of a lockdown, teachers would be mandated to keep learning ongoing at home.
How we can help with social distancing in schools
Intersys has many years of experience providing IT and cyber security solutions for schools and colleges. We’ve used our knowledge of this sector to develop an effective approach to social distancing in schools and remote learning from home, based on Impero Education Pro.
What is Impero Education Pro?
Impero Education Pro is a classroom management application that gives teachers control over pupils’ device-based learning. From their own device, teachers can broadcast lessons or demonstrations to pupils’ devices, monitor exactly what students are doing on their screens in real time, provide chat-based feedback, take remote control of devices, and much, much more.
Why will Impero Education Pro help with social distancing in schools?
Social distancing in schools is ‘built in’ to the Impero Education Pro model. The application:
- makes device-led learning engaging, to help keep pupils’ activity centred on their own dedicated device and away from their peers
- removes the need for physical interaction between teaching staff and pupils
- positively encourages the use of shared resources, but crucially virtual shared resources: in other words, Impero Education Pro helps to brings pupils together while still maintaining social distancing
- expands the possibilities of device-led learning with many, many features to help promote effective teaching.
Why will Impero Education Pro help with remote learning at home?
All of the features above can be used for home-based learning. A teacher can lead lessons, check activity on pupils’ devices and help individual pupils remotely.
Because all activity is routed through servers based in the school, any of Impero Education Pro’s many safeguards to protect children from harmful content will also be in place in the home setting.
What else can Impero Education Pro do?
Impero Education Pro has many benefits for educational institutions, which can broadly be divided into three areas:
- Classroom/home-based management – to make device-based learning engaging and accessible
- Online safety – powerful online safety technology with real-time monitoring (find out more here)
- Network management – scalable network management, for remotely managing devices and networks across multiple schools
The result is a learning solution that can keep pupils – across multiple sites or at home – interested in device-led learning and cyber secure. It also contributes to social distancing in schools, keeping students and teachers safer.
Watch an in-depth Impero Education Pro product demo here.
Isn't this going to be complicated to set up?
As a licensed reseller of Impero Education Pro and a schools IT expert, Intersys can quickly introduce the application to your institution and seamlessly integrate it into your systems. We are also a trusted reseller of hardware such as laptops, desktops and tablets, so we can provide you with anything you need to roll out Impero Education Pro across one or multiple sites. Finally, our friendly team (who incidentally have huge experience working in school environments) can train your teachers, students and IT professionals in using the full functionality of Impero Education Pro.
All you need to do is ‘press the button’ and we can have Impero Education Pro up and running quickly and efficiently – enhancing classroom learning and helping to keep everyone in the classroom better protected.