This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, progressive and forward-looking Managed Service Provider and IT Consultancy.
We are looking for a talented, proactive and analytical 3rd Line Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Managed Services support team supporting a diverse range of cloud and server-based infrastructures for small to medium-sized organisations. Successful candidates will be those demonstrating a wider-ranging knowledge, experience and interest in other technologies.
Whilst primarily based in our Woodford Green office the role will also require client visits, with occasional travel to clients outside of the South East and the UK. You must have a professional, flexible and personable approach to client relations and should demonstrate initiative and possess the ability to prioritise tasks yourself.
Although you will be encouraged to pursue continual professional development, you should already have relevant qualifications or be able to show evidence of your commitment to your own continuous improvement.
- Being an escalation point for the Service Desk, including:
- Managing prompt response and resolution of support calls
- Taking ownership of escalated issues
- Completing 3rd line technical support activities remotely and on customer sites
- Creating and updating documentation and processes
- Supporting predominantly Microsoft 365-based products and end-users
- Maintaining Server 2016/19/22 infrastructure
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Be part of the on-call rota for out of hours support
- 3+ years’ relevant experience providing 3rd line user support
- Significant experience with Microsoft Cloud technologies
- Sound knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Experience of remote access technologies
- Knowledge of backup technologies
- Familiarity with basic network protocols
- Passionate about IT and technology
- Proactive, personable, confident and analytical
- Prior employment within a Managed Service Provider
- Watchguard firewalls
- HP Server and Storage hardware
- Mac OSX / Unix knowledge
- Organised, focused and disciplined
- Problem solver with good analytical and planning skills.
- Able to manage expectations at all levels, and communicate accordingly
- Ability to communicate technical concepts confidently, clearly and concisely to all audiences.
- Excellent team player able to contribute ideas and support fellow team members at all times
- Excellent written and spoken English
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.